Join Andrew Lees and Clint McPherson as they sit down with Ben Baker to talk about establishing a leadership mindset as an entrepreneur. Ben is a marketing and branding consultant, a professional speaker, and an author. He helps companies come up with a powerful brand story and improve their leadership approach. He shares why it’s crucial to take care of your employees and be clear on your purpose.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- It's not a failure until you give up. But until then, it's learning.
- A great leader always thinks of ways to make his team better. Leadership is a mindset, not a job title.
- The profit comes when you take care of your employees and establish a clear purpose for your business or brand.
- Asking the right questions is vital if you want to build trust with your client and differentiate yourself from your competitors.
- Being an entrepreneur can be a lonely experience. You need to surround yourself with people with similar mindsets but different skill sets.
- And more!
About Ben Baker:
I am a husband, a father, and a member of my community. I am a big believer that friends and family are paramount, and we all have a responsibility to roll up our sleeves and help change our little part of the world.
I am a marketing and branding consultant, professional speaker, and the author of Powerful Personal Brands: a user’s guide to understanding yours - Amazon September 2018 and the co-author of Leading Beyond a Crisis: a conversation about what's next -Amazon August 2020
I volunteer. Whether it be for my congregation, festivals in the area, or through mentoring youth at the university level, I believe that I may not be able to change the world, but I can influence my corner of it.
You can find Ben Baker on:
Connect with That Entrepreneur Life on...
Support the show (https://thatentrepreneurlife.com/support-the-show)
Also In Season 1
Episode 52 - How Accounting Can Help Clarify Your Growth Strategy and Lead to a Healthier Bottom Line with Tyler JefcoatJoin Andrew Lees and Clint McPherson with their guest Tyler Jefcoat, the Founder
Episode 51 - Strategies for How to Double Your Business Growth Year After Year with Evan KnoxJoin Andrew Lees and guest Evan Knox, the founder of Caffeine Marketing, as they
Episode 50 - Find Out How Serial Entrepreneur Plans to Start and Grow 50 Businesses By 2050 with Stephen OlmonJoin Andrew Lees and his guest Stephen Olmon, the man that’s building 50 busines
Episode 49 - Learning How to Become the Best Version of Ourselves with Steve YacovelliJoin Clint McPherson and his guest, Dr. Steve Yacovelli of TopDog Learning Group